Contact Us

  • Phone: (732) 349-5367
  • Email:
  • Mailing Address: 1528 Church Rd. Toms River, NJ 08755



Saint Andrew UMC History

History of Saint Andrew UMC

The story of the people of Saint Andrew begins back in the 1800's. People from the Silverton area gathered in each other's homes for worship services conducted by Lay Leaders. After the Civil War, about 1866. The Silver Methodist Episcopal church was erected. By 1879, it was one of the three point Silverton Churches. In 1926, forest fires ravaged the area. As the church was being burned to the ground people took a collection to rebuild. That Silverton Methodist Church building can be seen today at corner of Hooper and Church Road. The Pleasant Plains Church located at Route 9 and Church Road, was the facility for families which worshipped in the 1860's. After much time in in study and prayer, the Pleasant Plains and Sliverton congregations voted to merge in 1966, and form the present church known a Saint Andrew in 1968.